- High surface hardness
- High resistance to abrasive wear
- High resistance to cold welding, galling or contact corrosion
- Corrosion resistance is not affected, in some cases even improved
- High resistance to shear
- Virtually no external change
- Lower coefficient of friction
- Higher fatigue strength
- Good dimensional and shape stability
hardness of the Stainihard® NC layer
Stainihard®NC : 1200-1500 HV0.01
The above hardness refers to the hardness at the surface. If measured in a cross section of the layer, regular hardness measured at the surface is: 1000-1400 HV0.05 with a 10 to 30µm hardening depth.
The hardening depth of Stainihard® depends on the type of stainless steel, its surface condition and its degree of deformation. With increasing surface deformation, the layer depth to be achieved decreases.