- High surface hardness
- High abrasion resistance against abrasive wear
- High resistance against cold welding, seizing or contact corrosion
- Corrosion resistance is not affected, in some cases even improved
- High resistance to shear
- No change in appearance
- Lower friction coefficient
- Higher fatigue strength
- Good dimensional and shape stability
Hardness of Stainihard®NC
Stainihard®NC : 1200-1500 HV0,01
The above hardness refers to the hardness on the surface if it is measured in a cross-section of the layer. Regular hardness measured on the surface is: 1000-1400 HV0.05 at a depth of 10 to 30 µm.
The hardening depth of Stainihard® NC depends on the type of stainless steel, the surface condition and the degree of deformation. With increasing surface deformation the layer depth decreases.
Wear abrasion test